Best DVDs of 2000
by Blake Kunisch
|Best DVDs of 2000 - Blake Kunisch
- 1) Fight Club
- Fight Club raised the standards of DVDs with this 2 disc set including
spectacular special features and 4 audio commentaries. The movie is
presented in a flawless anamorphic transfer, and shows how a great transfer
really can enhance the disc.
- 2) T2- The Ultimate Edition
- T2 was another fine example of how a DVD should be presented. Magnificently
restored with 2 alternate cuts of the film and a multitude of interviews,
this DVD is a look at how any movie, recently released or not, can be
restored, features added, and made into a great disc.
- 3) Magnolia
- My favorite film of 1999 almost got top honors as the best DVD of 2000.
This pristine transfer in the New Line Platinum series again features 2
discs, and sets the bar high for others. The Supplemental material disc is
such an added bonus to the great movie, that it could almost be sold as a
- 4) Jaws
- Not to be outdone, the 25th Anniversary Collector's Edition of Jaws is
superb. Presented in 2.35:1 anamorphic ratio for all of us who love
widescreen, this DVD treat is packed chock full with deleted scenes,
outtakes, triva, storyboards and more. A superb presentation of a truly
- 5) Boogie Nights
Previously released as a New Line Platinum Series DVD, this new version
features 2 discs including a new widescreen master of the film, supervised
by director, Paul Thomas Anderson. It also features 2 commentaries, 10
deleted scenes, and 'The John C. Reilly Files" along with various hidden
features. A must have in any collection.